Monday, April 30, 2012

My awesome weekend

So I had an excellent weekend! I decided to substitute teach at my own school on Saturday. So I taught three hour long classes with some really smart kids. I was given some material to teach them and one class I was supposed to show them an anime episode in English and then give them the transcript so they could practice their fluency with each other. I told the manager that I needed the TV and he told me that was impossible because the parents  were coming in and they were using the TV. So I had to make up an hour and ten minute long class in three minutes with no idea what level students I was going to teach. FUN! 


 So this was an exciting way to start the weekend. It also got me up early. So I slept only a little but, it was such a lovely day on Saturday. I was glad! Shortly afterward Eric and I set off to the Ulsan Whale Festival!! We shopped around and bought some excellent souvenirs/gifts for the fam! We really enjoyed walking around and seeing all the sights. We tried some whale and took bunches of pictures.

 They had real whale soap in the shape of tiny shoes!

...and little whales!

 They had a candle making booth!


That night I made some alt milk. (alt milk = alternative milk; vegan milk made out of nuts or seeds!) I found my recipe at bonzai aphrodite's website. So I made mine out of peanuts and hemp seed. I didn't add anything during the blending phase, which is a possiblity, but it came out pretty well!
(Worry not! There will be a post about this and the recipe soon to come!) 


Sunday Dory came to visit from Daegu. We had brunch at Cafe Pascucci downtown. On our way home we picked up some sweet potatos and scoped out some garden veggies for future indoor gardens! Then we came home and made perfume. Dory got to try the peanut milk and we ate some jelly beans. 


Then we went back to the Whale Festival. We  took pictures and watched Koreans. 

Eric and Dory doing their thing in the hut

 We hung about in the huts for a bit until we found the natives. 



Here's a pic of Dory chillin with the whale sculptures



 In Korea they seem to provide small boxes for women to go in and
 breast feed their children. How thoughtful of them!


We found an area serving alcohol samples and we sampled away. One Korean took interest in us, and offered his favorite selections for our enjoyment. The booth he guided us toward was very crowded. He disappeared for a bit as we patiently waited in line. This booth was very crowded. Suddenly he came out of the crowd, with a full cup for us to try. After we had tasted and approved he presented us with a bottle of the wine as a gift. It was so strange and generous and wonderful. We continued to wander and enjoy the beauty that is Korea for a bit before we decided to head home.  




 On the way home we ate some delish bibimbap and picked up some bananas to finish off the night with banana peanut smoothies! Before settling in we ventured to the roof to see what it's like up there. We enjoyed the view of the mountains a bit before heading back in. While enjoying our scrumptious smoothies we set up the new tent I bought. We also set up some curtains in the apartment for privacy and rearranged some furniture this weekend. I love the new set up and now the apartment is ready for summer!! Our apartment is really beginning to feel lived in, and it looks all the better for it! Overall so many excellent things to make a weekend worth happy.



I'm still experimenting with the new formatting and I have soo much to tell you , but its late here, and I have school again tomorrow. So for tonight it is adieu, but fret not, for we shall meet again. Farewell. Farewell. I think of you often.


xoxo Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment