Thursday, April 19, 2012

ALL OVER

So this post is partly me testing the new blogger updating format (which I love already) and partly a long past due update of random photos. I can't even express to you the difficulties I had with uploading photos in the past and formatting on this blog, but now all that is over and I'm ecstatic! Not a moment too soon, I just started thinking about changing to a new blog provider. Problem solved!! So due to the ease of uploading photos now at my fingertips I present to you an assortment of random photos! 


So a couple of weekends ago Eric and I tried to go to an island on the Southern edge of Korea where a strange phenomenon happens and the sea parts for one hour twice a year (once during the day and once at night). This happens because of ultra low tides and it creates a road from island to island. We really wanted to see it and Eric got the day off of work so we figured out the buses, planned and set forth. The earliest bus was sold out. So we bought tickets to the second bus of the day and hung around downtown for a while. The websites I looked at told me the bus trip would take 3.5 hours and due to traffic or something it took 5 hours to get there. We missed the second bus by 10 minutes. By this time we wouldn't be able to wait for the next bus and still be in time to see the sea parting. So we had already missed it. We decided to hang about in Gwangju for a while. Below is a tourist map of the city.

 This is a statue outside of the bus station. 

We found a pagoda in an apartment complex and decided to chill out and enjoy some good conversation. View from the pagoda.

 This is a picture of some of my students. These are my youngest students. Here you can see the typical attitudes towards English class (which I represent). Excited (which does not mean diligent) and bored/not interested. 

Most places deliver food here, but I guess they don't like to go containers. Food is delivered on real plates and bowls with saran wrap, then left in the hallway or on the door step and picked up later by the delivery guy. So below are some meals my co workers had delivered. These are pretty typical examples. 


This is a picture of some of my students I caught off guard with my iphone. 

This is one of my coworker's desks. This is right before he cleaned it. Dangerously messy. 

We went to an open air market down the street. We found some disturbing and intriguing things. Like these eels set out for the picking. 

Or these live eels and turtles. I will be heading back next week to purchase a turtle, and I will make turtle stew. Someone tell my grandma. This is going down. There will be a youtube video to back this up. 

Oh yeah were you wondering what those things on the bottom are? Those are frogs. FROGS.


No comments:

Post a Comment