Friday, April 13, 2012

Fluoride, its bad mmkay?

So when I talk about things, I don't want to be standing on a soap box talking down to anyone. I want real conversations about things I believe in. I want to hear legitimate arguments against my own ideas. I want to start a dialogue. This isn't to discourage agreement, but I am not an authority on anything. I don't know the most about things and sometimes I don't even know accurate things. I'm still exploring a lot of ideas. I know I want to change, but I can't say how I'm going to change yet. I started by talking in my last post about part of my diet. That I'm certain about. I wouldn't start eating dairy no matter what evidence I was supplied with. I know the way I feel when I eat it and when I don't. This was a decision I was spurred to make by those accounts and I found I liked. What I want to talk about now I am personally convinced of in a similar fashion, but the evidence wasn't as easy to see back then.

Flouride. Its a neuro toxin.

There is an entire website dedicated to raising awareness about the dangers of fluoride

HERE is a link to NaturalNews.com 's flouride link web page. It will give you the option to read a variety of articles about flouride.

You can even sign a petition to tell your congressman you are opposed to water fluoridation. (which is something I'm opposed to)

When I first read that flouride could be bad for me I didn't believe it. How can something that is in our toothpaste, our water source be a known neuro toxin?

I stopped using fluoridated toothpaste in 2005. This was really hard. There are very few toothpastes that don't have flouride. I started making my own. I got lazy and reverted back to Tom's toothpaste. They used to have a flouride free ginger mint toothpaste that was awesome. Then I couldn't find it anywhere so I switched back to one of their flouridated toothpastes. I was hooked and I was lazy.

So this is really hard to deal with because if you can't use any manufactured toothpastes and your entire knowledge of what makes your teeth healthy is shattered in learning that flouride is a neuro toxin (as mine was) how do you take care of your teeth? You can buy toothpaste with no flouride. If you can find it. Or you can make your own. Its not hard.

Eric and I make our own tooth paste now. We use a mixture of salt and baking soda. 1 part salt 5 parts baking soda, but I'll include a couple of links to recipes if you want to make your own, or want variety.

From Natural News

Homemade toothpaste ingredients

So if we want to change the amount of fluoride we consume, I see three reasonable steps to attain an effective, but not obsessive level of attention to this issue.

1. Flouride filters (for shower and drinking water) Obviously its bad to ingest a neuro toxin, but having it reach one's skin is also bad. Skin is the largest organ on (in) a person's body, and things can be absorbed through it by touch. To check out some info that is well stated and pretty objective go here

2. Avoid Flouride/Fluorine intake in products you buy. Bottled water, red and black tea, toothpaste, certain medications and chewing tobacco are all sources which can contain flouride or flourine. So read labels and be knowledgable of the food you consume.

3. Let your congressmen know that you don't want fluoridated water.

Edit! 4/13/2012: I've noticed this post has some curiously conflicting things in it! I am looking more into it, but rest assured I'll share what I know when I know it. For instance, why does the shower head say it filters fluoride in one easy step, but the drinking water purifiers take at least five steps to do it? The shower head costs only $80 where as the cheapest fluoride filter I could find cost $120 (fluoride filter additions to regular filters were lower, but that did not include the rest of the filter). If the shower head really filters fluoride couldn't you just fill your water from the shower head and drink that? Or does it not really filter fluoride? Fluorine is one of the smallest elements we know of on our lovely planet. Its only #9 on the periodic table. Its pretty difficult to get rid of, and thats why fluoride specific water filters are important. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment