Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vegan recipes post #1

Here are two of my favorite recipes for awesome vegan food. As a disclaimer I never actually measure anything. I stopped that when I was 17 and I don't think I'll go back any time soon. I've included measurements so you can get an idea, but really go with what you like.

Curry vegetables


3 Sweet potatoes
1 large carrot
1 cup black beans cooked
3 large meaty tomatoes
curry powder mix

Cube sweet pots and carrots, cook in boiling water. Sweet potatoes should become mashy and carrots should become soft. Cut tomatoes into large chunks. (sweet potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes should all be around the same size- bite size!) Mix tomatoes and desired amount of curry mix together. Stir in sweet pots, carrots and beans. Enjoy!

---Variations include adding other raw veggies, like mushrooms and leaks---

Raw potato carrot soup


2 small sweet pots
1 very large carrot
2 small chili peppers
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of cloves
1 tbsp oregano

Finely chop potatoes, carrots, peppers, and garlic. Soak in 3 cups of water. Add spices. Blend. EAT. We really like this recipe because its sweet and full of flavor with a pleasant kick!

xoxo Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment