Tuesday, June 26, 2012

O Taco

A mexican restaurant has opened in Ulsan. It sounded revolutionary. Mexican cuisine is actually something that does exist in Korea, but mostly in the larger cities. It turns out the restaurant is really far away from us. We took a bus for an hour, almost until the end of the line, and then spotted our stop. 

We hopped off and headed directly for the sea. Not because that is where the restaurant was located, but because we wanted to see the sea! We found a tiny beach where people were camping.

Then we found some sort of holding area for fish. 

Then we realized that we didn't actually have directions to the place. 
So we wandered around until we found it. 

I was excited but the service was really slow and the prices a bit steep.


I'm going to be honest. I was disappointed. I could do better, but I'll give them a little break because I don't think I could even find the ingredients. Jar salsa, and not enough cilantro or lime anywhere. 

All in all it was an exciting adventure and I enjoyed the sea air and eating on the patio by the sea. The main point of the story is I miss real Mexican food and the speediness with which it is served.

xoxo Claire

3 comments:

  1. You forget to mention the drunken Englishman that hassled us! :P I totally agree though, we make better Mexican food ourselves. Then again, there are probably more mexican's in the Chicago area than there are in Mexico so we are a bit bias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...how true but at least there was Corona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corona and the seaside made it worth while :D at least after the drunken English man left us alone haha

      Delete