Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Leadership

Hello there!

Oh my! I had an interesting weekend. So on Thursday I went and had dinner with my brother, sister-in-law (Jen) and my father! It was good times with nice chats and I love those people! Then I went to see a scary movie?? In the theater?? with some crazy people!! That was also good times, but unfortunately not as scary as I had hoped it would be. then there was socializing with some funky new kids at "the place to be" on a thursday night.

Friday I woke up early and went to a leadership conference. It was so intensely disappointing!! And it was an overnight conference with a contract where the participants are not allowed to leave the hotel property during the conference. We played BS and mafia Friday night and I am the best liar, and incredibly strategic according to several unsuspecting new friends. I'm clearly more of a leader than they had imagined, and I'm frankly a bit insulted they had such low standards and high arrogance of themselves, and wasted so much of my time. I finally escaped Saturday night.

Sunday I worked a bunch in the morning and then went straight to my brother's place. We went to Bloomington and had lunch with Jen's brother (Garrett) and his girlfriend (Morgan) at the Olive Garden. What a place!! I hadn't been there in over a year. Then we went to Garrett's apartment so him and Morgan could look at the wedding pictures the professional photographer had taken. They were delivered in a huge book with 9 or 12 (I can't remember which) on a page. There are about 890 of them. Then we left and went to an oyster festival! I got to chit chat with people I met when I was 10 and mostly didn't recognize me. They're all great people though, so it was cool. This festival is put on every year by the owner of this ski and dive shop (like scuba diving). We know the owners because they run a ski and dive club and my parents have been on several trips with them. I only went on one, and then my family sort of fell apart (but that's a different story). So I decided I might take scuba lessons despite the fact I'm terrified of water. I think I could totally succeed. We ran into an old family friend and her husband, and went over to her house to visit her dog and show her the wedding photos too (she was at the wedding). On our way back into town Tony Jen and I stopped at Chipotle for burritos. DELISH.

This morning I discovered that I had left half a carton of (lactose free) ice cream on the counter Friday morning before I left for the conference. Yes I ate ice cream for breakfast, and now I sort of think it may have been a mistake because it got all melty and slimy on my counter while I was gone. Then I went to the mall in search of I don't know what and ended up stumbling across a clearance bin with a plaid flask in it. So now I own that. I also bought a new barbell for my latest piercing and I changed it when I got home, but I'm not sure I like it. Its black with a CZ stud in one of the balls. end story
kisses kisses!
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment