Friday, July 13, 2012

Laser Hair Removal

For my birthday I gave myself the gift of hair removal. I found a tiny review on Ulsan online (a website for local things) and I decided to try and find it. I was downtown the Friday before my birthday for a Dr's appt. So I went to check it out. I found the building, luckily just two buildings down the street from my doctor, and went up to the fourth floor. The website I had read about it from said it was on the fourth floor. I got out of the elevator and saw a sign "Momma, Pappa and baby" and I knew I was in the wrong spot. I walked up to the fifth floor. More "Momma, Pappa and baby" So I got sad, walked up to the sixth floor, the door from the stairwell looked suspicious, so I went down to the fourth floor. I kind of gave up. I got back in the elevator, and looked at the wall, where (all in Korean) was an advertisement for the spot I was trying to find. Thankfully this sign said 6F clearly on it and I took the elevator back to the 6th floor. When the elevator opened I walked into a luscious sparkly environment with a fake tree, sparkly purple chandelier and several purple couches. The staff didn't speak as much English as the website had led me to believe, and after a bit of tedious information exchange I spoke to the doctor. His English was better and we cleared some things up. I decided to make an appointment for the following Monday (my birthday!)

---

Monday I went back and was led to a room with silky robes where the attendant chose one and handed it to me. Since I was having my armpits done, I was confused why they gave me a robe that covered more than clothes did. I gave her a questioning look and she hooked me up with an elastic wasted skirt so I could wear it like a strapless dress. After I was changed I was promptly led to a room where I was laid down face up with my arms over my head. A woman shaved my right armpit, used some tape to remove the excess shaved hair from the armpit. She then slathered some sort of gel on my armpit. At this point a second woman came in the room and picked up a machine that looks like a grocery store scanner gun. I guess I can best described it as a laser gun. Now I must mention how extremely sensitive my armpits are. Like, panic attack hysteria when people or the occasional random object touch my armpits. So for me this was a pretty intense few minutes. While one lady was shaving my left armpit, and prepping it, the other was lasering my left armpit. I managed to keep still out of fear of flailing and being lasered other places, but it was not easy. The laser felt like a row of small needles being stabbed into the skin for an instant. The whole process probably took less time than it did for you to read this. It was over super fast, and there was almost no irritation or notice afterward. I wasn't allowed to shower for a day, but I had planned ahead so I wasn't concerned. It takes 5-8 sessions, spread a month apart each. My next appointment is in July and I'm super psyched about not having to shave my armpits again :-)

---

Its been three or more weeks and I've only shaved my armpits twice, and mostly because I thought to myself "wait... I haven't shaved in a while" so I checked and there was a bit of soft fuzzy hair. Not the usual bristly hair that chafes and irritates, so I'm super excited about the results I've already gotten. I will head back next week for my next appointment and possibly inquire about pricing for other places! Its so cheap and so awesome, how can I resist?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Could you please provide the name to this place, I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place is called Elle Fine it's in Samsandong. From Hyundai department store cross the street toward Starbucks and walk toward the KFC. It's got a purple sign and its on the fifth or sixth floor (above two floors of mama papa and baby).

      Delete