Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Elliot's excellent goodbye


A restaurant in Shinae 

So as I mentioned in my last post my coworker and friend Elliot left Korea last Sunday. So we all met up Saturday evening for extraordinary fun! After my overtime Saturday I headed to Shinae to meet up with my language exchange friend. She was awesome and nice and I'm super excited about the whole situation. We chilled at Starbucks and talked for a while. Then she left and I stayed to meet the others.

A restaurant as viewed from the outside in Shinae 

A stairwell in Shinae 

After they had all arrived we headed to a wonderful Indian restaurant. The group was nine total. The food at the restaurant was amazing. I had chicken tikka masala and Eric ate some mushroom curry. We rounded the food portion of the evening off with a trip to Baskin Robbins.

Sophie and I discussing strategy 

We had a brief interlude where we bought some adorable Korean cellphone charms and souvenirs. Then we went to a billiards room. We split into three teams and played shark for a while. It was a lot of fun, and it wasn't that competitive so it was low pressure and fun. I didn't sink a ball all night, but I don't mind.



The fifteen ball refused to go in. In an amazing move of strategy I tried to keep the fifteen ball on my team the whole game. Eric finally sank it and the game ended shortly afterward. It was a pretty entertaining game.


We finished the night off with a sticker photo booth experience. This is a truly Korean and hilarious experience. It is a photobooth where you can choose the background, dress up in costumes with hats, sunglasses, wigs or silly capes, and then decorate and alter the photos with designs and words after you finish taking the photos. You an email the files to yourself and then the pictures are made into stickers and cut up for you to stick every where.


A picture of the lovely Sophie with the various hats.

The girls' photo reel

And here is a select image from the boys' photo reel. 
I decorated this one. Oh so excellent!

-Claire

2 comments:

  1. Such a good night! Unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baskin Robbins....wow...just like home!

    Love the collages.......

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete