Monday, May 7, 2012

Bucket list

So the other day my mother sent me an email with someone’s bucket list. It was an interesting list for sure, but not mine. So I decided to write down my ‘bucket list’. I try to live everyday of my life with vigor and zest. Every morning I wake up and ask myself “If I didn’t wake up this morning would I have been happy with the way I’ve lived my life up until now?” and if the answer is no, then I change until the answer is yes. Don’t tell me this is morbid. I don’t think death is a regretful thing. I think it’s a joyous transition, but every new beginning means that something has ended, and if it’s this life I don’t want to waste it. I don’t think it’s depressing to think about. I think it’s inspiring, a great motivation to live the most I can. Sometimes the weight of it is so pressing I almost go crazy but in a good way.

legend
- as yet unaccomplished
x done and done


So here they are...
my life goals:
- Ride an elephant in Thailand
- Complete the requirements of lifeguard training.
- See the Fjords in Norway
- Live on every continent (Some can be done by WWOOFing and ESL teaching)
x North America -USA
x Europe - Sweden
x Asia -Republic of Korea (South Korea)
- Africa
- South America
- Australia/ New Zealand
- Antarctica
- Become a fitness instructor/ Yoga instructor
- Own my own business
- Go Scuba diving
- Go surfing in Wales
- Catch a turtle and make turtle soup out of it
- Go skydiving
- Road trip along the Southern coast of France all the way to Portugal
- be fluent in two languages
- be in a band or play piano and sing in front of a group
- be good at singing

- hunt a bear and make a bear skin rug out of it
- be able to do the splits
x Be a Girl Scout Camp counselor
x Graduate from University
x Study Abroad
x Be financially independent
x Ride a tandem bike




xoxoxo
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment