Monday, May 21, 2012

Continuance

So this is just to give you some more insight about what I'm doing over here and some things I've found interesting about Korea while I was doing them.


I went to the doctor's office. They had an incredibly plush waiting room. This seems to be a trend. As I noticed while I waited  in the hospital reception area when I went for my initial testing. It was also nice, but I didn't take a picture of it. There's a lot of differences between American and Korean doctor's offices, but I don't want to get into it here. We can talk about it in person sometime if you're interested.


I've been wary of Korea's infamous yellow dust, but can't avoid it. So I decided to make best use and take pictures of the strange things I see because of it. So below (left) yellow dust swirls near a drain in the road. Below (right) a church's glowing cross floats ominously in the dust one night walking home from school.

A bit ago I tried to make perfume. I read a couple recipes (and as usual) decided to try my hand at it freestyling the recipe. I used: 
Sunflower oil 
Some mystery alcohol I found at a store for fairly cheap
A grape juice bottle (after I drank the grape juice)
Essential oils (which don't matter right now)



 I mixed according to the proportions and let it stand in a dark cupboard for 2 weeks, shaking occasionally.
It smells like grape juice. Lesson: sterilize the bottle first? I don't know, so I'll try again and hopefully have better results next time. I'll keep you posted.




Along similar lines to going natural with things like our toothpaste and recently our shampoo, we decided to be more Earth friendly and start composting too! Here is a picture of the first things in the compost bin!

Thanks for reading. I hope you all like it. I really like writing things for people who like to read things. I think we make a good match.

xoxo Claire

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Awesome pictures, and awesome activities! What a cool lady ;)

    ReplyDelete