Thursday, May 24, 2012

My school

So maybe you wonder what its like to teach English in Korea? I'll tell you about it. I work in the original branch of the chain of schools Eric and I work for. Eric works in the most prestigious. My school is about 4 years old. We have 9 classrooms. Each room has 6 to 12 desks. Classes range from phonics classes for 6 or 7 year olds to vocab classes to writing classes, to speaking, writing and presenting classes. I teach the range of it. My school doesn't teach high school students. There is a reception area where there is a TV that rotates between a slide show of all the teachers and videos of student presentations. There is one bathroom with two toilet stalls and two urinals (in a stall) and one sink. There are white boards (that are actually sea foam green) and markers galore. 


This is a staff dinner. These may be reiterations, but they're the only pics I have of the other staff. So deal with it. :-)


There is almost always food hanging out waiting to be eaten. These are presents from other teachers, students, the director, businesses, past teachers, who knows. People don't often tell me who the treats are from. They range from cakes, to vegetable juice, to cookies, to ice cream treats from Lotteria (pictured below) to lemonades, to chocolate, to vitamin C drinks. Pretty much anything edible they'll share.

Our school chain has a set of buses that go around and take the students from school to home or vice versa. One Saturday I was met with the surprise of a field trip. We all climbed on this very pink bus to drive across town to Eric's school.

We got out and walked to a park where the students went to a seminar entirely in Korean. I'm not sure why this happened, but cool right? 

 But the other English native and I didn't have to watch the seminar. We got to chill in the park. So here are pictures from my Saturday at the park I got paid for. Not too bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment