Thursday, May 3, 2012

alternative milk

So I found a most excellent blog! I am finding so many wonderful things there that can help me with the changes I want to make in my life. So this post is about home made alternative milk. http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/2010/08/do-nuts-have-nipples-how-to-make-homemade-alt-milk/

So she goes through it, but I want to reiterate it here and how easy it is.
1 cup nuts/seeds
4 cups water
blender
large bowl
sprouting bag, mesh strainer or cheese cloth (I use a mesh strainer)

Soak the nuts/seeds 8-24 hours. I usually soak them overnight  and make the milk when I get home from school.
Drain the water. Add nuts and water to blender. Blend well!! Pour through strainer into bowl. Press the contents into the strainer and squeeze out the liquid into the bowl. If you are using a sprouting bag or cheese cloth make sure to squeeze as much of the liquid out as possible! Pour into a storage container and enjoy!
 It is highly recommended to keep the pulp from the seeds and nuts. My first attempt was mostly peanuts and a little bit of hemp seed. I've been experimenting with mixtures of hemp seeds, peanuts, almonds and sunflower seed so far. 


So I made a demonstrative video on how to make alternative milk. 
Yumbly rumbly tummies! Enjoy at will


 

4 comments:

  1. My favorite movie maker ever! Awesome vid and post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad you enjoyed the video! I will make more to your approval.

      Delete
  2. You are so dedicated to your craft! Love the music, cute graphics and a worthwhile cause. Enjoy! I'd love to hear what you did with the pulp!

    ReplyDelete