Sunday, January 10, 2010

Smiles

Hey
How've you been? I've been doing alright. This picture, and this song. I feel that these two things pretty accurately describe how I am feeling these days. The photo was taken in Barcelona Spain at a playground outside the hostel in which my friend and I stayed (Dec 08). In addition to that theres a bunch of other things going on, but I'm not sure how to present them. I feel like its not out of the ordinary though, that life is basically like a juggling act where everything is constantly moving around and changing. I've been a bit nostalgic lately too, and the Jenny Lewis CD I just found somehow fits the mood perfectly. This may or may not also be due to the rereading of my favorite book (Vladimir Nabokov's Mary) which has an interesting perspective with consideration to nostlagia as a tool to memory, and the longing for an ideal that never existed.

"You are what you love and not what loves you back"
- Jenny Lewis (You are what you love)

Kisses kisses
Love Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment