Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Art'd it

So this is a picture I made with oil pastels on a really roughly textured piece of paper. I am not sure this picture does it justice, but I call it "The Lily Pond" It was my first experience with oil pastels. I liked them well enough, but I think I need different paper for a better effect. (11"x14")










This is one of my first magazine collage pieces. Attached with double sided sticky tape. (8.5"x22")








This is the top of a wooden box I added some hinges and magazine clippings to. Its kind of cute. no?






This is my second piece done in this style. Its made of tiny magazine scraps, and attached to the paper with puzzle glue. (5"x7")









This is another magazine scrap collage piece. Smoother edges here. (5"x7")








This is the first thing I've done with colored pencil in a while. I had this scene stuck in my head for days. I just kept itching to put it down and get it out of my head. I think it turned out well, but its still not what I was seeing, leading me to want to recreate it in different mediums. I think that could be a fun series. (11"x14")



xoxo Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment