Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Weeeeeeeekend.



So Eric and I traveled down Sunday morning before Thanksgiving to what some call Bubblecity or Shampoo Banana. We went immediately to the Urbana Free Library where we searched diligently for books to sell on Amazon. We met some wonderful people full of advise on being booksellers and we also found some decent books to sell! They gave us great information on book scanners and different aspects of the industry in which we can improve. What a great connection!!


We then went and had a wonderful meal with Grandparents. This is where I told them that we have decided to travel abroad and become great adventurers together. It went over much more pleasantly than I had expected. We had great conversation. I will really miss them when we go. I have found them an excellent present for the upcoming gift giving season.


From there we went to visit with great friends, and there was good conversation and jimmy johns. A wonderful lady friend of ours let us use her queen sized bed for the night as she was away, and it was luxurious compared to the twin we normally share. Many thanks to her!!

The next morning we awoke early and headed back to the library for free day. It was kind of crazy and we attained 7 large plastic bins full of good condition books, in hopes that they will be worth something on Amazon.


We were incredibly efficient and had time to visit a library and update our stocks before lunch. BUY SELL BUY SELL... etc etc After the library we had enough time to head over to Curtis Apple Orchard and buy some presents and things for ourselves! Apple donuts, cider and corn salsa top the list. YUMMMM Next up we met Pedro at a truly authentic Mexican Grill restaurant that replaced one of my favorite (but floundering) donut shops. It is called Maize and is on the corner of first and green in Champaign. The place was packed, with people eating in their car and squeezing together inside to get out of the cold while we waited for our food. We took it to go and spent a good many hours back at the house watching a rerun "Live" Thanksgiving special from the Food Network. An incredibly excellent way to spend an afternoon!


We then went to have dinner with my mother. Dinner was superb and it was nice to see her and catch up on things. We visited for a while and watched the end of Predator vs. Alien. Shortly after we collected the remaining Christmas decorations from my dad's apartment and returned home. Many of the books we've put on Amazon have sold in this past week which is nice to see.


Okay so here were my goals for November:
Finish LOTR I
Start LOTR II
Start reading CASCA
Finish 15/20 of my course modules
Practice a bit of rosetta stone
Go to yoga 3 times a week.

What I accomplished:
Finished LOTR I
Started LOTR II
Finished 7/20 course modules
Went to yoga 3 times all month (boo)
Ate amazing thanksgiving
Told my grandparents I'm moving to Korea

And I still have a few more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment